Saturday, February 21, 2009

Orange Bavarois Recipe



I love bavarois, I have 2 bavarois recipes:strawberry and banana. Orange bavarois was something new for me. When I came across this recipe, I fell in love with an idea to use whole orange peel as a cup. I was so happy that I had three oranges left in my kithcen to try it right away.

It came out so pretty and tasty, would be a great dessert for entertaining.

INGREDIENTS:

2-3 oranges
3/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 2/3 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon powdered gelatin
2 teaspoons liquor
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream

METHOD:

Cut the oranges horizontally 1" from the top and set aside, the top part used as a lid later. Slice a very thin disk from the bottom so they rest flat.

With a pairing knife, cut around the inside rim of the orange removing the orange sections then squeeze the juice.

Place in a small pan with the orange juice, lemon juice and sugar. Bring to boil and remove the heat. Add powdered gelatin and liquor and mix well. Let it cool over the ice bath until the mixture thickens.

In the bowel, whisk the whipping cream as thick as the mixture is. (Don't make it too thick! The mixture and the whipped cream should be the same thickness.) Then pour the gelatin mixture into the whipped cream bowel and gently mix them.

Spoon the mixture into the orange peel cups and place the lids. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to firm it.


Recipe adapted from Michiko Matsuda's Chic & Swift Recipes

No comments: