Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bartlett Pear, Blue Cheese and Watercress Salad with Maple Dressing


This is a very fruity refreshing tasty salad. I was wondering what to do with two ripe pears. It smelled just good, I could bite and finish it but I wanted to make a savory dish out of it. When I was looking for a pear recipe over the Internet, I found that pear and blue cheese are very popular combination. Then I came across Real Simple's "Arugula and Pear Salad With Maple Vinaigrette". Looking at ingredients gave me already tasty smile, I thought it gotta be good!

I use what I had in my fridge, substitute watercress for arugula, balsamic vinegar for red wine vinegar from original recipe.

(4 servings)

INGREDIENTS:

-- dressing ---
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

-- salad ---
1 bunch of watercress
1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
1-2 Bartlett pears, peeled and thinly sliced

METHOD:

In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients except oil. Whisking constantly, slowly add the oil; set aside.

Arrange the watercress on individual plates and top with the pear and cheese. Drizzle with the dressing.


Recipe adapted from Real Simple

No comments: