Thursday, January 15, 2009

Got Street Food Flavor

For my lunch, I tried something new. Used spices from "Hot Spicy Shrimp with Coriander" that I cooked a couple days ago from the Middle East Food cookbook. Applied the spices (garlic, ginger, red chilli, cumin seeds and paprika) to the beef, onion, tomato and mushroom, it worked really good. By accident, I added more cumin seeds than I was going to but it turned out unexpectedly nice. This smell is exactly the one from the Middle Easter food street vendors in Manhattan. Sometime it's attractive when you are walking down on the street around lunch time. I'm happy to discover this spices mix.


dinner: Japanese style chicken curry and rice, celery and wakame salad with kamaboko, wine

lunch: middle eastern flavored sauteed beef and mushroom, couscous

breakfast: roll cake, tea

No comments: