Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Exploreing Middle East Food

Since I came to New York, I've been exploring Middle Eastern cuisine around the city. I like it very much and it always makes me exciting to taste a lot of spices more than I could imagine. Now it is time to start cooking, I've got a cookbook called "The Taste of The Middle East" and for my first try, I picked Iranian Beef and Herb Soup for dinner. Well, it turned out look like a risotto rather than soup. To make it like the nice picture on the book, I'll have to try it again and adjust the recipe for myself. At least, taste was excellent.

breakfast: apple and banana oatmeal with maple syrup

lunch: japanese style stewed pork (kakuni) with steamed cabbage and carrot, white rice

dinner: iranian beef and herb soup with yogurt, naan bread

No comments: