Monday, June 29, 2009

Pickled Plum and Seaweed Rice


It's getting hot weather and I feel summer has just arrived. Summer is not my favorite season... I feel no energy and melted all the time. When I start feeling that, I usually eat my grandma's handmade Umeboshi (pickled plum). It increases my appetite.

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 rice cooker cups of rice (about 270cc)
210cc water
2 umeboshi (pickled plum), pitted and minced
2 table spoons wakame seaweed, chopped
1/2 aburaage (deep fried tofu), sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 table spoons sake

METHOD:

Wash the rice and drain well. Add 210cc water the allow the rice to sit for half an hour. Then add chopped seaweed, sliced aburaage, soy sauce and sake. Mix well. place pitted and minced umeboshi on top and turn the rice cooker on.

When the rice is done, mix the umeboshi with rice and let it steam at least 10 minutes.

No comments: